Now that Google Reader is over, why not use an open source Feed Reader ! Freader provides you with a simple page with all your feeds and the last item in them. You cannot read articles inside the application for now but it's on the TODO list !
You can see it in action in just a little Heroku app here ! Account creation take about 10 seconds, just try it !
- All your feeds in a clear (and flat) UI
- All written with Node.js and Angular.js
- User management (creation, removing)
- Feed caching (one hour by default)
- Clone this repo
- Start your MongoDB server (modify the address if you need to in the config file)
- Start the server with 'npm start'
- You can now create a user and start adding feeds by connecting to localhost:3000 (you can change the port inside the config file)
- Add organization on feeds with tabs / categories
- Get back the favicon from the feed
- Clean and remove all CSS in Bootstrap / Flat UI to keep only what's used
- Show the article directly in the application
- Impove the design and UX in general